- Present your valid passport for at least six (06) months
- Pay the Tourist Card (U$ 10.00 per person). This is given by the Immigration officer on your entry to Nicaragua
Nationals of these countries, according to the type of passport they carry, require visa to come to Nicaragua:
Afghanistan / Albania / Angola / Argelia / Armenia / Asmara Eritrea / Bangladesh / Bosnia & Herzegovina / China / Congo / North Korea / Cuba / Ethiopia / Ghana / Haiti / India / Indonesia / Iraq / Iran / Jordan / Laos / Lebanon / Liberia / Libya / Mali / Mongolia / Mozambique / Nepal / Nigeria / Palestine / Pakistan / Sierra Leona / Syria / Somalia / Sri Lanka / Sudan / Timor / Vietnam / Yemen
When entering Nicaragua people from the countries mentioned above, must submit:
- Valid passport for at least six (06) months
- Return ticket to their country of origin or residence
What to Bring
- Pick clothes that are light and breathable in the heat. You should consider bringing swimwear, a light jacket or sweater and a raincoat.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Sunscreen, Sun glasses and Sun hat
- Insect repellent
- Camera equipment and plenty of film/memory cards (batteries and chargers)
- Basic medical kit (aspirin, Imodium, antiseptic cream, antihistamine cream, etc.)
- The Nicaraguan currency is the Córdoba (C$), but most establishments accept payment in US dollars.
- Most Major credit cards are accepted in hotels, restaurants, and stores in both urban and tourist areas.
- A currency exchange can be transacted at most banks and hotels.
- The Córdoba is sometimes also referred to as the Peso.
- It is suggested that visitors to Nicaragua bring small denominations of US currency, so they can make purchases and avoid getting change in Cordobas.